Since 1909, We Have Supported Nowata.
The Chamber of Commerce was founded with a capital stock of $5,000.00 in 1909 and incorporated on January 27, 1941. The chamber was formed to take over the Commercial Club founded in 1905, a civic-minded group of businessmen who tried to influence new businesses and industries to locate in Nowata. The objective of the Nowata Area Chamber of Commerce is to promote and develop the commercial, agriculture, and economic interest of the City of Nowata and surrounding areas of Nowata County, while supporting the social and moral interest of the community.
The Chamber of Commerce, when requested, supplies list of all members engaged in supplying merchandise for services. Chamber of Commerce members always receive preference when supplies are purchased for the Chamber.
All activities of the Chamber of Commerce are of a general community interest. The Chamber cooperates with other groups and organizations to enhance and promote the Nowata area. Work being done satisfactorily by other organizations should not be duplicated. Chamber Board Members serve two-year terms on a voluntary basis.
The purpose of the Nowata Area Chamber of Commerce is to promote and develop the commercial, agricultural, industrial, educational, economic, social and moral interests of Nowata County. The Chamber works with the city and county officials to promote and enhance the future of Nowata County.
The organization is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected at large from the membership. The Chamber Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 8:00am at the Chamber office and you are certainly encouraged and welcome to attend.
Current Board of Directors
Secretary / Treasurer
Misty Selly – Executive Director